Apprenticeship Role: Apprentice Communications Assistant
About the Organisation
Equinox is one of Wales’ leading full service communications agencies. Based in the heart of Cardiff, we’ve been one of the best in the business since 1996 by providing award-winning campaigns for over 22 industry sectors. We’re a tight-knit team of lively individuals who are passionate about what we do and who we do it for.
Our expertise includes social media and digital marketing campaigns; traditional media relations; issues and crisis management; public affairs and lobbying as well as design and production and professional communications training. Our clients span a breadth of sectors including tourism, hospitality and heritage; property, construction and regeneration, retail and leisure, charity and not for profit sectors.
This is an opportunity for someone who wants to get their first experience of a career in public relations, marketing and digital media.
Equinox is one of Wales’ leading communications agencies and is always busy with many high-profile clients.
The agency requires an Apprentice Communications Assistant to support the current team.
Purpose of the Job:
To assist in the general management and administration of Equinox to prospective and existing clients, by ensuring the highest standards of excellence are achieved in general systems operation on a day-to-day basis.
- Working within the Equinox team, efficiently help manage the day to day running of the office ensuring a rapid response to all enquiries, with the highest possible levels of professionalism.
- Be responsible for all press cuttings activity and report media coverage to senior management and/or clients as well as responsibility for a selection of key accounts, ensuring the highest levels of service.
- Assist in the organisation of meetings, press conferences, hospitality functions and other public relations events on behalf of various clients.
- Assist and support the multi-media manager with video, animation and CGI productions.
- Working as part of the Equinox team and within the agreed management strategy and programme, implement specific campaigns within Wales aimed at helping achieve business objectives for raising the profile of its clients.
- Assist or manage clients’ accounts as instructed by team and account leaders.
- Maintain a seamless working relationship with other Equinox colleagues, providing holiday cover as appropriate, so to ensure the business runs smoothly and efficiently.
Knowledge, experience and skill requirements for acceptable job performance:
- High standards of general education
- Good organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal or written
- An understanding of modern PR techniques, marketing, social media and the importance of evaluation
- Ability to communicate at all levels both within Equinox and with third parties
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- High degree of self-motivation with the ability to work with the minimum of supervision
- The ability to speak and write in Welsh would be desirable but not essential.
- All other Equinox Directors, Managers and staff
- Equinox suppliers
- Journalists throughout Wales and the UK
- Opposite numbers in key organisations
- PR, marketing, advertising, video and design consultancies, as required
- Client contacts, printers and suppliers of promotional items, photographers and event personnel
- Cuttings – client media coverage evaluations
- Answering phones/taking messages
- Answering door/making refreshments for meetings
- Reading daily papers and scanning for client news
- Managing events calendar/researching awareness days and events
- Researching forward features lists
- Updating client websites with press releases
- Press release writing
- Media liaison
- Managing photocalls
- Helping with social media- Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest/Google+ etc
- Research for costs etc
- Manage Equinox’s website and communication channels
- Film production
- Video editing and proofing
- Photoshop work
For more information about Equinox, the agency, team and our work click here.
Whilst working for Equinox you will be completing a 15-month Higher Level (4) Apprenticeship in Advertising and Marketing Communications.
The exact salary for this role is TBC. The minimum an apprentice will receive is the National Minimum Apprentice Allowance, which is £3.30 per hour for the first 12 months of the apprenticeship. Those aged 19 years or over will be eligible for at least the National Minimum Wage for their age group once their first 12 months as an Apprentice has been completed.
For more information on the minimum wage, visit www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
How to Apply
Download and complete the application form and diversity monitoring form for this role. Once completed, attach both forms to an email and send to email@example.com. You will receive confirmation that your application has been received once it has been checked by a member of staff.
If you have not had a response within 24 hours (not including weekends), please phone 07843 779870.
If you have questions about the apprenticeship programme, please check the FAQ on the web site.
0900 on Monday 13th June, 2016.
Click here to download a PDF version of the job description.