Company: Business News Wales
Apprenticeship Role: Apprentice Digital Marketing Assistant
About the Organisation
As an independent Welsh publishing business, the team behind Business News Wales have distributed over 40,000 of the UK’s top B2B news stories since 2012, all within the technology, Human Resources and Recruitment markets. We have a proven track record of growing market reach for over 150 different UK and International businesses over the last 3 years.
Scope of Job
We are now looking for an ambitious Digital Marketing Assistant to action a wide variety of content development tasks, all within the Welsh B2B, Technology and Human Capital markets. We are looking for an enthusiastic team player who is has a strong desire to succeed. As a fast growing media business, there is a real opportunity to develop your role.
Outline of Role:
- Research and source new articles for Business News Wales and Recruitment Buzz
- Ensure all RSS feeds are consistently updated
- Have the ability to proofread copy, checking spelling and grammar
- Brainstorm copy ideas with other members of the team
- Keep up to date with industry news and trends
- Update all content on Business News Wales and Recruitment Buzz back-end platform
Accounts / Relationship Management
- Have a sound understanding of client’s products and services, the target audience and their competitor’s activities
- Establish and maintain strong relations with PR agencies in Wales and the rest of the UK
- Manage a small selection of client accounts
- Update and engage daily via social media and have a good understanding of the latest/most effective platforms and tools
- Monitor activity, answering queries and interacting with networks
- Support the marketing team with a variety of content and marketing distribution tasks
- Website maintenance and search engine optimisation – update and improve content on a daily basis
- Help to ensure the site structure is search engine efficient, maintenance of target keywords and phrases (with a supporting content plan to drive better rankings) and ensure the use of backlinks
- Help drive online traffic with web-related campaigns
- Create email marketing campaigns
- Ability to work on several campaigns at once, sometimes under pressure and often to tight deadlines
- Excellent planning and organisation skills with the ability to multi task, work to deadlines, and prioritise workload efficiently
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent administrative skills including experience in Word
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- Tact and discretion, for dealing with confidential information
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Have the ability to work within with a team
- Excellent written and spoken communication abilities
Whilst working for Business News Wales, you will be completing a 15-month Higher Level (4) Apprenticeship in Advertising and Marketing Communications.
The exact salary for this role is TBC. The minimum an apprentice will receive is the National Minimum Apprentice Allowance, which is £3.30 per hour for the first 12 months of the apprenticeship. Those aged 19 years or over will be eligible for at least the National Minimum Wage for their age group once their first 12 months as an Apprentice has been completed.
For more information on the minimum wage, visit www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
How to Apply
Download and complete the application form and diversity monitoring form for this role. Once completed, attach both forms to an email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive confirmation that your application has been received once it has been checked by a member of staff.
If you have not had a response within 24 hours (not including weekends), please phone 07843 779870.
If you have questions about the apprenticeship programme, please check the FAQ on the web site.
0900 on Monday 13th June 2016.
Click here to download a PDF version of the job description.