Company: Sgil Cymru
Apprenticeship Role: Apprentice Team Assistant
Location: Pinewood Studios, Cardiff
About the Organisation
Based at Pinewood Studio Wales in Cardiff, the team has more than 100 years combined experience in bilingual media training and production. The Sgil Cymru team have trained over 100 apprentices by working with companies across south Wales including BBC Cymru Wales, Equinox Communications, Golley Slater, ITV Cymru Wales, Real SFX, Amplified Business Content and S4C. Through partnership with Creative Skillset, Sgil Cymru is delivering a package of training courses for the UK film & TV industry.
We are looking for a bilingual Apprentice Team Assistant to join our busy team at Sgil Cymru, to provide an effective supportive service to the staff and to provide a service to clients that attend Sgil Cymru courses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The role will be diverse, encompassing administration duties, assisting at events/training courses and providing support to the Marketing and Training Officer, with the main responsibilities being as follows –
- Assisting the Head of Training with the coordination of apprenticeship programmes and training courses.
- Assisting in the organisation of training courses to include venue and room hire, accommodation, travel, paperwork, IT support and refreshments, both in the office and at other venues.
- Administration of the day to day office activities, including answering the phone, dealing with the post and e-mails, filing, photocopying, maintaining/ordering office equipment and supplies, shredding, welcoming visitors and other clerical duties.
- Providing assistance with translation (Welsh-English/English-Welsh).
- Organising and maintaining electronic and paper files for projects.
- Maintaining and updating action lists following weekly staff meetings and producing minutes at allocated meetings.
- Assisting the Marketing and Training Officer with work relating to the marketing and recruitment of all training.
- Creating, editing and uploading good quality photographs of individuals, events and training courses for use off and online.
- Assisting in maintaining the Sgil Cymru website. This will include writing copy for online, creating images, uploading information and ensuring that all content is well presented and follows company guidelines.
- Assisting in updating the Sgil Cymru social media channels which include Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
- Assisting the Sgil Cymru team in recruiting individuals for various training schemes, from apprenticeships to short courses, by attending events and meetings, as well as creating promotional emails and telephone marketing.
- Assisting in creating e-newsletters based on recently updated website content.
- Maintaining, creating and updating Excel based databases.
- Working within the policies and procedures of the Company in relation to Equal Opportunities.
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties that may be required of you.
- Be fluent in both English and Welsh, with excellent written and oral skills in both languages.
- Be highly computer literate, on Mac and PC, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Gmail.
- Be able to work independently, to your own initiative and manage your own varied workload.
- Be able to listen and take constructive criticism.
- Have excellent social media knowledge/skills.
- Be confident and enthusiastic when communicating in person or on the telephone.
- Be organised and have excellent attention to detail.
- Be able to work well as part of a team but can work independently.
- Be flexible and able to work under pressure.
- Have a driving license and own transport.
Working knowledge of:
- Final Cut Pro X
- Tweetdeck or equivalent
Whilst working for Sgil Cymru you will be completing a 15-month Higher Level (4) Apprenticeship in Advertising and Marketing Communications.
The exact salary for this role is to be confirmed but is dependent on experience and expertise. The minimum an apprentice will receive is the National Minimum Apprentice Allowance, which is £3.70 per hour for the first 12 months of the apprenticeship. Those aged 19 years or over will be eligible for at least the National Minimum Wage for their age group once their first 12 months as an Apprentice has been completed.
For more information on the minimum wage, visit www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
How to Apply
Click here to complete the application form.
If you have questions about the apprenticeship programme, please check the FAQs.
1200 Wednesday 11th July 2018.
Click here for a PDF version of the job description.