Company: Business News Wales
Apprenticeship Role: Apprentice Telesales Assistant
About the Organisation
As an independent Welsh publishing business, the team behind Business News Wales have distributed over 40,000 of the UK’s top B2B news stories since 2012, all within the technology, Human Resources and Recruitment markets. We have a proven track record of growing market reach for over 150 different UK and International businesses over the last 3 years.
Scope of Job
We are now looking for an ambitious Telesales Assistant to action a wide variety of sales and lead generation tasks. We are looking for an enthusiastic team player who is has a strong desire to succeed. As a fast growing media business, there is a real opportunity to develop your role.
Outline of Role
We are looking for a highly motivated Telesales person to join our company.
The role requires you to make Business to Business outbound sales calls and emails, to new and existing customers. You will need to be able to manage a robust sales pipeline, creating opportunities and increasing customer demand for our products through cold calling and directing customers to our website or other company resources for information.
- Targets will be set by your Line Manager in terms of call rates, response services and number of customers helped, as well as the gross amount of revenue bought in
- Contact customers by telephone or email in order to solicit sales for products or services
- Obtain names and telephone numbers of new and existing customers from a variety of sources
- Maintain and manage a robust sales pipeline
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of all Business News Wales products and services and applying information appropriately to customers through understanding their business needs
- Maintain records of contact made with customers, accounts and orders
- Through monthly reporting document trends and expected sales activity across the different products together with weekly updates on key performance indicators (KPI’s) and forecasting
- Work collaboratively across all areas of the business in order to keep communication channels open. You must be proactive and positive in your approach
- Maintain an excellent customer focused attitude at all times with both customers and staff following through on all actions agreed in a timely manner
A key part of the role will also involve sourcing content for the business publishing channels and recognising opportunities from content angles.
- Excellent communication verbal and written
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Proven selling capability
- Planning and prioritising
- Organisation and time management
- Ability to follow operational procedures
- High level of personal motivation
- Courteous, professional and persistent
- Professional integrity with good general awareness
- Ability to multi-task
- Self-confident and resourceful
- Positive outlook
- Calm and methodical in approach
- Dynamic and innovative
- Confidentiality and discretion
Whilst working for Business News Wales, you will be completing a 15-month Higher Level (4) Apprenticeship in Advertising and Marketing Communications.
The exact salary for this role is TBC. The minimum an apprentice will receive is the National Minimum Apprentice Allowance, which is £3.30 per hour for the first 12 months of the apprenticeship. Those aged 19 years or over will be eligible for at least the National Minimum Wage for their age group once their first 12 months as an Apprentice has been completed.
For more information on the minimum wage, visit www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
How to Apply
Download and complete the application form and diversity monitoring form for this role. Once completed, attach both forms to an email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive confirmation that your application has been received once it has been checked by a member of staff.
If you have not had a response within 24 hours (not including weekends), please phone 07843 779870.
If you have questions about the apprenticeship programme, please check the FAQ on the web site.
0900 on Monday 13th June 2016.
Click here to download a PDF version of the job description.