Company: IT Pie
Apprenticeship Role: Apprentice Web Developer
About the Organisation
IT Pie is a full service digital marketing agency based in Penarth. Since 2007 we have been building websites and implementing digital marketing strategies for companies in Cardiff and throughout the UK. We take pride in delivering creative dynamic solutions that deliver measurable results with a focus on business success and brand credibility for our clients.
At IT Pie we encourage a culture of creativity, dynamism, innovation and fun with a focus on pushing the boundaries whilst delivering a professional services to the highest standards without compromise ensuring each day is challenging and rewarding.
We are searching for a web designer/developer who will be responsible for the design, layout and development of websites. They will be involved with the technical and graphical aspects of a website – how the site works and how it looks. They will also be involved with the maintenance and update of existing sites.
After establishing the target audience for a website and identifying the type of content it will host, the web designer/developer will:
- write the programming code, either from scratch or by adapting existing website software and graphics packages to meet business requirements
- test the website and identify any technical problems
- upload the site onto a server and register it with different search engines
- attend client meetings during the development process
- communicate to the Project Manager with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays
Desirable Personal Qualities
It is desirable for applicants to:
- have experience of coding in Asp.Net, C#, MS SQL, CSS, HTML, JQuery.
- understand Responsive Design and the relevant CSS library
- have creativity and imagination
- an understand of marketing strategy
- ability to create business call to actions
- be adaptable and able to pick up new techniques
- have good interpersonal and communication skills
- keep up to date with advances in computer technology and how this affects the business environment
- work as part of a team and individually
- ability to meet project deadlines and work under pressure
Training is done on the job and will include in-house and external training courses. Professional qualifications will be encouraged and supported where appropriate.
Training will include:
- HTML, XML, XHTML
- MS SQL databases
- net, C#, CSS
- Adobe Photoshop and Visual Studio
- Bespoke CMS Systems
Whilst working for IT Pie, you will be completing a 15-month Higher Level (4) Apprenticeship in Creative and Digital Media (Interactive Media Pathway).