Company: Real SFX
Apprenticeship Role: Special Effects Trainee Apprentice
About the Organisation
Using state-of-the-art techniques and equipment, Real SFX specialise in atmospheric, fire, explosives, mechanical rigs, model making and soft props. Our portfolio includes Doctor Who, Killer Elite, Sherlock, Da Vinci’s Demons, Outlander, Free Fire, Houdini & Doyle and Peaky Blinders to name a few.
Real SFX are hiring a Special Effects Trainee Apprentice to join their team in Cardiff.
The ideal Special Effects Trainee Apprentice will:
- Have a clean driving license with a minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Have a flexible approach to working hours
- Have an interest in engineering, woodwork mechanics, model making and electrics
- Need to be versatile and innovative have an aptitude to learn and have the ability to think on their feet and problem solve
- Be aware of Health and Safety and be willing to listen and learn from experienced technicians
- Be willing to travel for work as Real SFX works all over the UK
- Have great communication and listening skills
- Work well as part of a team
The Special Effects Trainee Apprentice will be expected to:
- Ensure the workshop is kept clean and tidy, in order to maintain a safe working environment for all the Real SFX team
- Load and unload vehicles with the required kit for productions
- Maintain stock and replenishing when required
- Keep storage stock, fixtures and fittings organised and tidy
- Assist the Special Effects Technicians with the maintenance of equipment and effects
- Run errands between the Special Effects and other departments
- Learn about the different types of effects and what equipment and materials are required to achieve them
- Keep a comprehensive record of work experience for the Diploma qualification
Whilst working as a Special Effects Trainee Apprentice you will have the opportunity to learn a wide range of skills within the workshop. You will also have the opportunity to use a variety of specialist machinery that is used to create special effects such as wind, rain, snow and fire. This will give you the chance to oversee the special effects process and how to use pyrotechnics safely.
Desirable but not Essential Skills
- Fluent in Welsh
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office including Word and Excel)
Whilst working for Real SFX you will be completing a 12-month Level 3 Apprenticeship in Creative and Digital Media.
The exact salary for this role is TBC. The minimum an apprentice will receive is the National Minimum Apprentice Allowance.
For more information on the minimum wage, visit www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
How to Apply
Download and complete the application form and diversity monitoring form for this role. Once completed, attach both forms to an email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive confirmation that your application has been received once it has been checked by a member of staff.
If you have not had a response within 24 hours (not including weekends), please phone 07843 779870.
If you have questions about the apprenticeship programme, please check the FAQ on the web site.
12pm Tuesday 25th July 2017