The content of this course — supported by ScreenSkills as part of the BFI Future Film Skills programme using funds from the National Lottery — gives a thorough grounding in the working practices of a film Production Co-ordinator.
Methods of delivery:
The course is delivered via on-line workshops held over four consecutive days between 1030 and 1300. All the participants are expected to attend each day of training to attain each of the learning outcomes, such as:
- What is the film Production Co-ordinator?
- The responsibilities of the role
- Supporting your Production Manager,
- Delegation to the Production Secretary
- Working across departments
- How different scales of productions affect the role.
- An overview of paperwork including Call Sheets, Health & Safety and Risk Assessments; Working with Locations & Movement Orders
- Daily Reporting
- Pre-production support including castings & location recces
- Child Protection, Licences & DBS; sourcing Chaperones
- Compliance, confidentiality & GDPR
- Crew Lists
- Cast Lists
The course is an on-line training solution for early and experienced industry professionals working in the production department (or ready to step across from other departments), developing their professional expertise.
This would be suitable for those already working as film PAs or production secretaries or similar, who are ready to step up or across into the Film Production Co-ordinator role. Applicants are expected to have at least two years’ experience of working within a film or drama department, and should be able to prove their competence via a credit list.
When is the course?
October 18th – 21st, 2021, between 1030 and 1300
1200 noon on the 12th October 2021
Where will the course take place?
On-line via Zoom
How much does it cost?
Since this course is supported by ScreenSkills as part of the BFI Future Film Skills programme using funds from the National Lottery, it is free of charge to the participant.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and a 250-word cover letter on why you would like to attend this course to email@example.com