Company: 4Wood TV & Film Construction
Apprenticeship Role: Apprentice Construction Assistant
About the Organisation
4Wood TV and Film Ltd, and Scott Fisher, the Director, have been working within the Television, Film and Construction Industry for many years. 4Wood have been working continuously on projects such as Doctor Who, Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures, Sherlock, Baker Boys, Da Vinci’s Demons and The Bastard Executioner.
Since it was established in 2005, the company has continued to produce high quality scenery for a wide variety of media. From a one off item to running a full Construction Department on a large feature film, we produce designs at a competitive price by working closely with the design team ensuring the maximum is achieved visually, whilst keeping careful control of the budget.
As an Apprentice Construction Assistant the work is extremely varied and provides a good entry-level administrative role into the media industries.
Typical duties you will undertake will include assisting with:
- Answering telephones
- Production paperwork
- Data entry
- Purchasing construction materials
- General office administration
- Social media and website management
- Distributing production paperwork
- Liaising with the Art Department to ensure the smooth running of the Build
- Working hours 8-5pm Monday to Friday
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft and Mac computers
- Full UK Driving Licence with own transport
- Positive Attitude to work
Desirable but not Essential Skills:
- Spoken and Written Welsh
Whilst working for 4Wood you will be completing a 15-month Higher Level (4) Apprenticeship in Advertising and Marketing Communications.