The closing date for this job has now passed.
Company: White Hart Multimedia
Apprenticeship Role: Multimedia Apprentice
Location: Devauden, Nr Chepstow
About the Organisation
Situated above the beautiful Wye Valley, yet close to the M4, White Hart Multimedia has been operating for over a quarter of a century. We develop effective and innovative solutions which help our clients communicate their messages to their audiences. Our video production and filming techniques are similar to those used in creating television news and documentary features, which makes us quick and efficient, causing the minimum of disruption to our client’s normal pattern of working. Recent work has included filming training scenarios using actors.
Although the core of White Hart’s services is video production, over the years we have grown and developed in step with technological innovations. We now deliver our videos in any format, on any media and embedded into presentations, web-based learning and apps.
This job would particularly suit those who drive but also those who live in or near the Wye Valley, Caldicot, Newport area using public transport.
We have a small team of dedicated media specialists, and we are now looking for another enthusiastic individual, eager to learn multiple production skills, to join our team.
The person we are looking for must have:
• creativity and a good understanding of technical processes;
• a passion for information technology, willingness to keep up to date with technological developments;
• competency in or willingness to learn a range of relevant software applications, such as, editing software, image manipulation software e.g. Photoshop and Illustrator
• the capacity to analyse problems and propose solutions;
• attention to detail;
• desire to work on a project from concept through to closure;
• excellent organisational skills to plan projects and meet deadlines
• confidence and enthusiasm;
• excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, with the ability to listen, respond and relate to clients – in particular to explain things clearly to people who may not be very familiar with multimedia products; both face-to-face and on the phone.
• teamwork and a willingness to share knowledge and expertise to achieve common goals.
• Driving licence and own transport
• be able to work away from base including overnight stays.
Additional skills which would be desirable are:
• knowledge of Word Press
• able to operate a video camera
• good spelling and grammar
• written and spoken Welsh
• programming skills (html)
In exchange we can offer:
A lively friendly environment, excellent practical training in a range of technical and work related skills including filming, editing and graphics. The opportunity to get involved in meaningful projects immediately. Assistance with travel cost from home to base, remuneration rising as skills and contribution to the business develops during the training period.
Having been established for over 25 years we have a proven track record in helping individuals break into the media industry. After working with White Hart the majority of our previous employees have secured positions with broadcast companies or have successful freelance careers. But those who stay, stick with us for years and enjoy our relaxed, but focused work environment.
Whilst working for White Hart Multimedia, you will be completing a 15-month Higher Level (4) Apprenticeship in Creative and Digital Media (Interactive Media Pathway).