Company: Wildflame Productions Ltd
Apprenticeship Role: Production Office Apprentice
Location: Tramshed, Clare Road, Cardiff CF11 6QP
About the Organisation
Wildflame Productions Limited is a newly established independent production company working across factual, specialist factual and factual entertainment programming.
We are part of the Flame Media Group, a fast growing international television distribution and production business with offices in Sydney, London and all around the world (http://flamedistribution.com/about-us).
Wildflame’s people and interests are diverse. We support individuality and encourage the team to work to their strengths, unconstrained by anything but delivering the best possible TV.
We are quietly thinking big, looking to collaborate and work internationally but are also deeply proud of where we come from.
Our culture is creative, supportive and fun. We are based in the Tramshed, a new and exciting contemporary arts and music venue in the centre of Cardiff.
We are at the beginning of an exciting journey and are looking for someone ambitious to join us.
What does a Production Office Apprentice at Wildflame do?
You’ll be a junior member of the production team, helping us out with all the things that need to be done to make TV programmes.
You will assist the Producer/Production Manager/Co-ordinator in order to ensure that the production is run smoothly and efficiently.
You’ll need to be able to turn your hand to variety of tasks – from basic administration (paperwork, answering the phone) to programme research, from making the coffee to booking travel and accommodation, from attending a film shoot to delivering a parcel.
You’ll need to be flexible, enthusiastic, hardworking, have good attention to detail and be an excellent communicator.
You will be computer literate and be able to think for yourselves.
You need the ability to organise, but also to work to direction, and be motivated and enthusiastic.
The role may sometimes involve long and unsociable hours.
Examples of the jobs a Production Office Apprentice could do in future:
- Production Management Assistant
- Production Secretary
- Assistant Production Coordinator
- Production Coordinator
- Production Manager
What kind of person do I need be?
- Good communicator
- A Self-Starter
- Good at taking direction
- Adaptable, positive and willing to help with anything.
- IT skills, including Microsoft packages, such as Word and Excel;
- Ability to take direction and to work as part of a team;
- Good communication and people skills;
- Initiative and awareness;
- Organising and prioritising;
- Ability to respond, and to work quickly, under pressure;
- Clean driving licence
- Managing relationships – able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people.
- Communication – the ability to get one’s message understood clearly.
- Influencing and persuading – ability to present sound and well reasoned arguments to convince others.
- Planning and organising – able to think ahead in order to establish an effective and appropriate course of action for self and others.
- Resilience – can maintain personal effectiveness by managing own emotions in the face of pressure, set backs or when dealing with provocative situations.
- Drive – demonstrates commitment, motivation and energy.
- Self development – demonstrates personal strengths and development needs, and continually seeks to improve performance by learning new skills and behaviours.
- Flexibility – adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups.
Whilst working for Wildflame you will be completing a 12-month Level 3 Apprenticeship in Creative and Digital Media.