The closing date for this job has now passed.
Company: Buzz Media
Apprenticeship Role: Advertising & Social Media Executive Apprentice
About the Organisation
Buzz Magazine is South Wales’ leading free monthly entertainment magazine, and has been for 25 years. Covering Cardiff, Newport, Swansea, the Valleys, Gwent and West Glamorgan, Buzz is the definitive guide to what’s on and happening in art, theatre, music, clubs, fashion and sport.
25,000 copies of Buzz are distributed every month to all key information centres, hotels, clubs, bars, restaurants, museums, theatres, galleries, record stores and universities.
buzzmag.co.uk is Buzz Magazine’s online face, and covers events and topics all across Wales. It features everything in the magazine, Buzz TV documentaries and short films, content from our team of dedicated bloggers, photography, listings, and more. Buzz is also available on Google Play Newsstand.
Advertising & Social Media Exec for Buzz Media
Your main duties are to assist the publisher and the buzz team to secure sponsorship and advertising for Buzz magazine, buzz website and buzz TV and work closely with the team.
Responsibilities of the role will include:-
- Assisting with the sales and marketing of the magazine to existing contacts and securing new contacts
- Keeping an accurate record for clients and any databases you are required to update.
- Marketing of the magazine to clients and new customers
- Assist in any events, launches and invites that Buzz has been asked to attend.
- Write where necessary press releases.
Social Media & Website
- Assist the editor with the continual updating of the Buzz website.
- Maintain sections are updated regularly
- Look after sponsored links
- Maintaining the listings
- Assist in online and social media campaigns
- Social media monitoring
- Content Creation (VIDEO)
- Liaising with a varied range of people.
- Organising interviews and meetings
- Preparing and organising schedules and contracts
- Overseeing cues, timings and continuity during recording
- Assist in budgeting
- Assist with the behind camera preparation’s before filming
- Be available to go on shoots and manage productions for the director.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Administrative skills
- IT skills
An understanding of WordPress and its functions, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube/Vimeo.
An interest in magazines, digital content creation, online channels, filming, and video production an advantage, also a keen interest culture, art, music, food & drink, social issues, entertainment and local issues.
Whilst working for Buzz Media you will be completing a 15-month Higher Level (4) Apprenticeship in Advertising and Marketing Communications.