The closing date for this job has now passed.
Company: Future Generations Commissioner for Wales
Apprenticeship Role: Apprentice Team Support Officer
About the Organisation
Changing culture in the public sector, improving the social, economic, environmental and cultural well- being of Wales and protecting the interests of Future Generations, all fall within the remit of the Well-being of Future Generations Act. The Future Generations Commissioner and her team are tasked with helping to make this happen.
Reporting to the Office Manager, the Team Support Officer will be responsible for providing reliable and efficient general office support to the Office of the Future Generations Commissioner for Wales, to enable all functions to run effectively and efficiently at all times.
As the Team Support Apprentice in our office, you will be someone with a very personable and helpful approach as the first point of contact for the organisation on the telephone and in the office and the go-to person for colleagues internally.
You’ll love being organised and methodical in your work arranging meetings, booking venues, notifying visitors, organising catering, collating and disseminating papers, attending meetings and taking notes.
You’ll be able to communicate with members of the team and members of the public to an advanced standard through the medium of Welsh, both on the telephone, in person, and in brief emails or through our social media channels.
You’ll understand how important it is for us to be super connected with others in the Public Sector and you’ll be someone who is naturally creative, good with technology and likes being super engaged on social media platforms.
You’ll be someone who will share our values in relation to improving the social, economic, environmental and cultural well- being of Wales and learn with us as we walk the talk.
We are an organisation which likes to think differently, to question and to try new ways of doing things, encouraging creativity and new ideas. So we are looking for someone who enjoys helping others with their work, someone who likes to continually improve their performance and knowledge and can work flexibly in response to the needs of others.
We are a small team with a big message to share with others so there are opportunities to participate in all aspects of our work for anyone who shows a keen interest.
Your main purpose is to support the whole staff team in their work. This could range from administration tasks such as booking meetings, photocopying and filing, supporting events, providing basic IT assistance, house-keeping and reception duties, promoting the work of the office and engaging in online and offline communications.
- Support the Office Manager in relation to arranging meetings, notifying visitors, arranging hospitality, collating and disseminating papers.
- Book venues and help to manage the logistics of workshops and events including communication through social media channels.
- Support the promotion and communication of the work of the office.
- Participate in providing a complete reception service for visitors to the office
- including offering refreshments
- Receive telephone calls, taking messages and re-directing when appropriate.
- Manage the receipt, distribution and dispatch of all mail received and process outgoing mail.
- Contribute to team meetings
- Support colleagues with stationary orders and maintaining records
- Support car hire/hotel bookings and record keeping
- Support individual projects and working groups as required
- Maintain an efficient and structured electronic filing system.
- Conduct information gathering exercises.
- Draft replies to straightforward enquiries.
- Any other duties as required
Your skills, knowledge, and experience:
Please note that we would encourage you to include personal insight from your lived experiences along with your paid and unpaid work experience when demonstrating your suitability for our posts.
- You’ll be someone with good written and verbal communication skills, who also understands and enjoys participating in digital media communications.
- You’ll have a positive attitude to supporting others, be good at talking to people and participating in team activities.
- You’ll be able to demonstrate an understanding of the values of our office and sustainable development.
- You’ll be able to demonstrate good ICT skills and organisational skills.
- You’ll be able to communicate verbally with members of the team and members of the public to an advanced standard through the medium of Welsh, both on the telephone, in person, and in brief emails or through our social media channels. Written communications in Welsh will be supported.
This Apprenticeship is what is called a Level 4 qualification equivalent to the 1st year in University. In light of this, unfortunately, those who have gained a University degree or who are currently studying for a University Degree will be unable to apply for this Apprenticeship.
Whilst working for Future Generations Commissioner for Wales you will be completing a 15-month Higher Level (4) Apprenticeship in Advertising and Marketing Communications.