The closing date for this job has now passed.
Welsh speaking is essential for this role
The Shared Apprenticeship scheme is a brilliant way to come into the industry since it shows people how the sector really works, as the apprentices will be moving from company to company dependant on the length and availability of productions.
The Shared Apprenticeship employer shall be South East Wales City Region ATA Limited (“ATA Limited”) but, during your Apprenticeship, you shall be appointed to work for a Host Production Company, or Host Production Companies. During the duration of the apprenticeship of 12 months it is expected that the apprentice will work on more than one production, and for more than one production company, dependant on the apprentice’s skill set and aptitude.
Current and former apprentices have and are currently working on productions such as:
- Doctor Who
- Pobol Y Cwm
- His Dark Materials
- Peaky Blinders
As an Art Department Apprentice, you will need to be visually aware, enthusiastic, and have a general interest in art, TV and film.
Apprentices within the Art Department are expected to do everything from sweeping floors, making coffee and washing prop glasses, as well as dressing sets.
You will be prepared to work long hours, be computer literate and be able to think for yourself.
You need the ability to organise, but also to work to direction, and be technically minded.
The ability to drive would be an advantage in this role.
What kind of person do I need be?
- Good communicator
- A Self-Starter
- Good at taking direction
- A clean driving licence
The ability to communicate fluently in Welsh is essential for this role.
Potential Apprentices need to have a proven interest and a desire to make their mark in the creative and digital industries in Wales.
They also need to demonstrate a positive and committed attitude and a strong desire to learn since the hours are long and the job can involve long periods working away from home.
- Teamwork – Highly effective team player; works for the benefit of the whole
- Managing Relationships – Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people.
- Communication – The ability to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information
- Influencing and persuading – Ability to present sound and well reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change
- Planning and organising – Is able to think ahead in order to establish an effective and appropriate course of action for self and others. Priorities and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resources requirements.
- Creative Thinking – Is able to transform creative ideas/impulses into practical reality. Can look at existing situations and problems in novel ways and come up with creative solutions.
- Resilience – Can maintain personal effectiveness by managing own emotions in the face of pressure, set backs or when dealing with provocative situations. Can demonstrate an approach to work that is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy.
- Drive – Demonstrates commitment, motivation and energy.
- Self Development – Demonstrates personal strengths and development needs, and continually seeks to improve performance by learning new skills and behaviours.
- Flexibility – Adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups. Is able to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, to adapt an approach as the requirements of a situation change, and to easily accept changes in one’s own organisation or job requirements.
Whilst working as an Art Department Apprentice you will be completing a 12-month Level 3 Apprenticeship in Creative and Digital Media.
Click here to complete an application form.
CLOSING DATE: 17/02/20 @ 13.00