The closing date for this job has now passed.
Company: Golley Slater
Apprenticeship Role: Client Activation Apprentice
About the Organisation
Golley Slater has been creating memorable ideas for a long time. We first opened our doors in 1957. Shortly after, we aired the first live to air TV ad. But that’s where the history lesson ends. All of our work and strategic expertise focuses on tomorrow, not yesterday. We create beautifully effective communications based on what people really want, not what they say they want.
Our highly successful Media Business plans, buys and delivers a range of media campaigns for clients across the UK, from TV to digital and PPC. We have a media buying network which allows us to buy economically and also benefit from great deals that are often off the radar to other businesses. Our media department also manage our evaluation and attribution tools to ensure every pound of our media spend is working hard to deliver for our clients.
The Business has a loyal client base and expertise across the sectors. It is the appointed agency to the Welsh Government, Visit Wales and many other public sector institution as well as many high profile household names to leading educational establishments across the UK.
The following role definition is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post. Job descriptions are regularly reviewed to ensure they are an accurate representation of the post.
Traffic Management (primary responsibilities)
- The opening of all new job numbers
- The weekly scheduling of work into and out of the creative department
- Allocating agreed timescales for the completion of jobs
- Setting up briefing sessions and creative review meetings between CAT, CST and creative department
- Ensure work is passed for approval by creative dept. before media partners are provided with deliverables
- Working alongside Head of Activation Team to ensure project deadlines are met
- Working alongside Head of Activation Team to manage effective and efficient use of freelance resource
- Working alongside Head of Activation Team to ensure all creative and CAT timesheets are completed on a weekly basis
Project Management (Secondary Responsibilities)
- Estimating collaboratively with Client Services Team
- Booking studio and creative time via the Traffic Manager
- Client liaising whilst managing deliverables (any discussions of a commercial nature are to be handled by the CST)
- Liaising with CST whilst managing deliverables, regular updates
- Liaising with the media team to manage deliverables against spec and deadline
- Liaising with external suppliers to manage deliverables against spec and deadline
- Monitoring internal time and external costs on each individual job against client approved estimate
- Ensuring all financials are correct against the job detail report in readiness for the CST to invoice the client
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions with support of manager and team
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong computer and excellent communication skills • Positive attitude and willingness to learn, passionate about the industry
Whilst working for Golley Slater you will be completing a 15-month Higher Level (4) Apprenticeship in Advertising and Marketing Communications.