The closing date for this job has now passed.
Company: ITV Cymru Wales
Apprenticeship Role: Multiskilled Technical Apprentice
About the Organisation
ITV Cymru Wales is the face of ITV in Wales. We’re part of the UK’s most popular free-to-air commercial broadcaster – home to some of the biggest shows on television. From our new state-of-the-art base in Cardiff Bay, we produce four hours of award-winning news, sport and weather, plus 90-minutes of current affairs and factual programming every week, mostly scheduled in peak time. Our news website continues to grow in popularity and is increasing our reach among smartphone and tablet users. We also have a successful commercial relationship with S4C, producing current affairs and factual output for the channel.
To support the programmes team at ITV Cymru Wales as a non editorial assistant, the role will include basic craft editing, ingesting material and learning how to organise bins, logging material, helping to manage media and create metadata, audio and graphic effects.
The role will also involve processing formats through the system, helping to load programmes onto the ITV and S4C website. It could also involve supporting the production team on location as needed.
The role will need a candidate that can work collaboratively with Producers, Journalists and Researchers.
- Source, ingest and log footage, as required.
- Assist the loading of ITV content online as required.
- Process go pro and other types of footage into the system ready for editing.
- To support the craft editing of programmes and promotional material to a very high standard, using the latest HD digital editing technologies, workflows and techniques.
- Help to distribute and share content across News and Programmes and between other ITV offices.
- Assist the programmes team with the set up of camera equipment as needed, occasionally helping the team on the road with filming.
Shared Team Responsibilities
- To learn and develop new skills as required to enable you to carry out any tasks which are reasonably requested of you, and for which you have received appropriate informal or formal training; pro-actively finding ways to promote and sustain a multi-skilled approach. Developing skills across digital and online production as required.
- To ensure the operation makes the best use of available resources within budget ensuring all work adheres to all relevant ITV and/or S4C guidelines. To understand and act upon ITV’s Health & Safety and Risk Assessment policies.
- To work closely and respectfully with all members of the editorial and production teams, both locally and in the wider ITV family, to implement the overall editorial strategy, ensuring ITV values are embraced.
- To work closely and pro-actively with the ITV Wales newsroom, Welsh and English Language Programmes team and other ITV newsrooms, including Regional, Network, Daybreak and ITV.com fostering and maintaining relationships for the benefit of ITV News as a whole, contributing to projects and forums, and supporting initiatives as required.
Because of the nature of our production, there may be occasions when you are required to work long and unsociable hours at short notice.
Qualifications/Professional Certificates Required
No formal qualifications are required for this role, but you are required to have an interest in the production of television – some experience of editing software would be an advantage.
Abilities and Characteristics Required
- You will be a highly motivated and talented individual with an interest in craft editing in the highest quality in HD.
- You will have an interest in camerawork.
- You will be committed to learning and working as part of a successful multi-skilled team.
- You will be willing to share your skills and experience with others for the overall benefit of the team and the output
- You will be friendly and approachable, respectful of all your ITV colleagues and you’ll have the ability to maintain a positive attitude, even when under pressure, working to deadlines or in a live environment.
- You will be constantly alert to the common goal, demonstrating flexibility around tasks in order to get the collective job done, able to adapt and prioritise at short notice
- You will be a good communicator who is self motivated and quick thinking with strong and decisive decision making skills
Work Experience Required
It will be a benefit if you have an understanding of aspects of HD editing and HD filming using various camera formats.
Whilst working for ITV you will be completing a 12-month Level 3 Apprenticeship in Creative and Digital Media.