Company: Sgil Cymru
Apprenticeship Role: Project Assistant Apprentice
About the Organisation
Sgil Cymru is the new media training provider for the Apprenticeship in Creative and Digital Media in Wales. Based at Pinewood Studio Cymru in Cardiff, the team has almost 75 years combined experience in bilingual media training and production. Sgil Cymru currently has 20 apprentices working at companies including BBC Cymru Wales, Cardiff Theatrical Services, Fiction Factory, ITV Cymru Wales, Orchard Entertainment, Real SFX and Sports Media Services.
Our chosen apprentice will have a very varied role, and this will give the right person a chance to see a good cross section of the media industries.
Typical duties you will undertake will include assisting with:
- Answering the phone
- General paper work
- Data entry
- General office administration
- Attending events
- Assisting in managing Social Media and Websites
- Communication skills in Welsh and English
- Administration and organisational skills
- The ability to work in a small close-knit team
- Can-do attitude
Desirable but not Essential Skills:
- A full driving licence would be beneficial to this role
Whilst working for Sgil Cymru you will be completing a 15-month Higher Level (4) Apprenticeship in Advertising and Marketing Communications.