The closing date for this job has now passed.
Company: Boom Cymru
Apprenticeship Role: Apprentice Production Co-ordinator
Location: Gloworks, Cardiff
About the Organisation
Boom Cymru is one of Wales’s largest, indigenous production groups. Established in 1994, this multi-genre company now produces over 400 hours of content annually for S4C, BBC Wales and BBC One. The group employs c.220 staff in Wales and includes production divisions Boom Cymru and Boom Kids; leading Welsh post-production facility, Gorilla; international animation brand, Cloth Cat; and Visual Effects/Motion Graphics/Interactive company, BAIT Studio.
Boom is part of ITV Studios and has an impressive track-record of producing award-winning factual, factual-entertainment, entertainment, drama and children’s content. The company’s productions are characterised by a commitment to exceptional storytelling and the highest production values.
The Apprentice Production Co-ordinator will work with the Head of Production to manage television projects from pre-production through to filming, post-production and final delivery to the broadcaster.
The successful candidate will assist with the setting up of resources for television shoots as appropriate.
Reports to the Head of Production
- To assist the production teams in all areas of organisation and administration;
- Accurately recording project costs and reporting these to the Head of Production and Finance Department.
- Duties will also include, but will not be limited to: compiling schedules; archive management; copyright clearances;
- Ensuring all relevant delivery requirements are met for the appropriate broadcaster;
- Logging Media, Rushes and Equipment;
- Booking travel, transport and accommodation;
- Post-production paperwork;
- Occasional on location runner work
- The ability to speak and write in Welsh is essential for this role;
- Good communication skills;
- Administrative and organisational skills;
- Team spirit;
- Can-do attitude.
- A driving licence would be an advantage.
Whilst working for Boom Cymru you will be completing a 12-month Apprenticeship in Creative and Digital Media through Cardiff-based training provider, Sgil Cymru.