The closing date for this job has now passed.
Company: Gwe Cambrian Web Cyf
Apprenticeship Role: Web and Marketing Apprentice
About the Organisation
Gwe Cambrian Web is a website development and digital marketing company based in Aberystwyth, mid Wales.
We’re passionate about building great looking websites, packed with all the features our customers need. We need new creative minds to join our team!
Our main focus is helping get Welsh online, by offering bilingual website design services at no extra cost to our customers. The Welsh language is a major focus for us and we’re keen to promote the use of Welsh in business in as many ways as possible.
Be a Part of the Team:
We are looking for someone with a passion for all things digital to join our small team here in Aberystwyth. If you are looking to get into the world of advertising and marketing using digital, this is the job for you!
The ideal team member will be able to help our business grow by using innovative ways to market and promote a range of clients, as well as our own business (finding new marketing opportunities). They will be able to assist in website design and development, answer queries, design social media strategies and campaigns, organise meetings and more. An excellent standard of English, with confident and strong writing skills is essential for this job role.
As a bilingual business with a Gold Award in Welsh from the Ceredigion Language Charter, we would love to have a confident Welsh speaker join the team, but if you’re not and willing to learn, we’d provide the opportunity for you to go on a Welsh speaking course as part of your training.
We’re looking for someone who is comfortable using all forms of social media, the internet and emails. It’s important that you’re comfortable talking on the phone and online, as well as face to face. We’re very proud of our friendly customer service, and we’re keen to ensure that this excellent customer service remains as our team grows.
Part of the job role:
As a small business, we provide a large range of services and we’d like you to be involved every step of the way. Of course we know that you might excel in one aspect over another, and that’s great – that’s where team work comes into play! Here are just some of the roles we’ll have available:
- Answering queries from general website enquiries to specialise questions about website design, development
- Organising meetings and running these meetings with potential and current clients
- Designing and developing websites (mainly using WordPress)
- Using social media to market a range of businesses
- Create and manage great social media campaigns, for us and our clients
- Draft marketing materials and source PR opportunities
- Market the range of services on offer from translation, hosting, copywriting, social media strategies, domain name management and more
It’s quite varied, which is great for someone who’d like a go at a range of activities.
We’d like you to be:
- Ambitious to succeed and push boundaries
- Have good interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Work as part of a team and individually when necessary
- Be able to meet project deadlines and work under pressure
- Keep up to date with advances on computer technology, including social media and website platforms
- Be adaptable and willing to learn new technologies
- Have an understanding of marketing strategy
- Have some experience in website design and development (but training can be provided if not)
We know that not everyone will tick every box we’re looking for, and so we’ll always provide training and supervision to allow you to grow into the job role. Professional qualifications will be encouraged and supported where appropriate.
Whilst working for Gwe Cambrian Web Cyf you will be completing a 15-month Level 4 Apprenticeship in Advertising and Marketing (Communications) through Cardiff-based training provider, Sgil Cymru.